Clear skin is something most of us strive for. But what are the steps to achieving it?
This article will share the opinions that dermatologists have been debating for years by guiding you through a diet for clear skin in a week.
During this period you will observe a drastic change in your skin. Your acne will mostly disappear, your body will reduce inflammation, your skin will be smoother and you’ll have a radiant complexion as if you never had acne or dull skin at all.
The acne diet for clear skin in a week was designed by a renowned dermatologist who not only got rid of her own acne but also got every single one of her patient’s clear skin for life by following what’s laid out below.
This type of diet is very beneficial against hormonal acne but also may be a best alternative to the use of expensive treatments for skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema’s.
It can also help your skin to recover from UV damage by it’s foods anti inflammatory properties.
Before we go any further, let’s clarify something – not all foods have a negative impact on your skin. In fact, there are some foods that can actually help by increasing sebum production that results in you getting clearer skin.
Over the years, dermatologists have come to realize that skincare is no secret, and the diet you follow has a direct impact on your acne and overall skin health.
Skincare is not a secret. Your diet makes a difference in the condition of your skin.
3 Gold Rules of the Diet for Clear Skin in a Week
#1 Rule – Know What You Can Eat!
Foods and Drinks to prefer during this week
- Almost all vegetables (avoid nightshades)
- Fruits (preferable rich in water, watermelon, pineapple)
- Nuts and Seeds
- Healthy Grains (barley, quinoa, rolled oats)
- Fish and seafood (omega-3 fatty acids)
- Some healthy fats (plant oils, coconut oil)
- Green tea
#2 Rule – Know What You CANNOT Eat!
Foods and Drinks to avoid during this week (no fast food sorry!)
- Baked goods
- Artificial sweeteners
- Additives, such as MSG
- Any processed additives
The focus of this restriction is to only eat “real” foods during this period of time. If you fail to follow, you need to start over again. Because your body needs to detox that processed stuff (free radicals) out.
Processed foods will only slow down your progress and will mostly contribute to acne not to mention the high insulin levels that your body produce when eating foods like that.
#3 Rule – Water Is the Key to Success!
Don’t forget to hydrate yourself
It’s crucial that you drink at least two liters of water per day. This is scientifically proven to aid in keeping your skin clear and smooth.
The best way you can keep up with your water intake is by drinking 8oz of water about 2-3 x each day.
Sample Menu for 7 Days
- Breakfast: Poached eggs in a spicy tomato sauce.
- Lunch: Mini burgers made with turkey, bacon, plantains and served with a cilantro aioli sauce.
- Dinner: Duck and vegetables prepared in a slow cooker.
- Breakfast: A butternut, cinnamon and date smoothie.
- Lunch: Zucchini patties and a side salad.
- Dinner: Sweet potatoes stuffed with chili, veggies and avocado slices.
- Breakfast: Sweet potato hash with apples, sausage and eggs.
- Lunch: Chicken salad, baby spinach and pomegranate seeds served in an acorn squash bowl.
- Dinner: Garlic shrimp in a Romesco sauce, served over zucchini noodles.
- Breakfast: Fried egg and veggie sandwich served on a sweet potato slice.
- Lunch: Soup with homemade meatballs and kale.
- Dinner: Stuffed mushrooms made with meatballs, avocado, tomato and alfalfa sprouts.
- Breakfast: Soft-boiled eggs and asparagus wrapped in prosciutto.
- Lunch: Ground pork served in cabbage.
- Dinner: Cod topped with bruschetta and a side of broccolini.
- Breakfast: Stuffed avocados containing crab, shrimp and red peppers.
- Lunch: Baked zucchini halves stuffed with ground beef in a tomato sauce.
- Dinner: A stew made with beef, butternut squash, onions and mushrooms.
- Breakfast: Smoothie made with pears, plums, apples, bananas, avocado and parsley.
- Lunch: Frittata made with smoked salmon and asparagus.
- Dinner: Roasted chicken served with cranberries and winter vegetables.
Make sure to diversify your food intake to guarantee enough: B vitamins, vitamin D, calcium, and iron in your system.
7 Tips to Help You Through
- You can consume several servings of fruit, preferably those that are rich in water, like watermelon, melon, and pineapple.
- Consume all kinds of fresh vegetables, preferably raw. You should avoid choosing beans, green peas, or corn.
If you wish, you can prepare cooked vegetables, and do not forget to increase your water consumption.
- You can consume fruits and vegetables, avoiding potatoes and bananas or bananas.
- In the course of this day you must eat 8 bananas or bananas and 6 glasses of skim milk. This will energize you and help you lessen the desire to eat sweets.
- Consume during the day between 2 and 3 small meat portions and about 6 tomatoes. The meat must be cooked or roasted and the tomatoes can be eaten raw or boiled. Remember to drink plenty of water.
- Consume 2 to 3 servings of lean meats and complement with a good amount of raw or boiled green vegetables.
- You can consume up to 3 servings of brown rice in the day and prepare unsweetened fruit and vegetable shakes.
Before pictures (and during)
After picture (final result)
That’s it! It’s that simple to develop clear, glowing skin with this skin diet.
You may stumble across other diets for clear skin recipes on the internet that require you to do things like drinking lemon water, drinking lots of water, and never eating any dairy.
But the diet for clear skin in a week is exactly what you NEED to do if you want the fastest results possible. In no time you will recover your healthy skin back!