There are quick Psoriasis Natural Treatments such as applying oils, creams, baths in your body as well as some foods or supplements you can consume, not forgetting exercises such as yoga and meditations.
Down below you will find in detail a nice menu with a lot of options to try.
Psoriasis is a challenging problem to treat, in fact, people who have psoriasis find that it significantly impacts their quality of life and the ability to do their daily activities.
If you recognize yourself with this problem, don’t worry too much, there are plenty of solutions out there, and better than that, there are psoriasis natural treatments that you can do from home.
Instead of relying only on heavy pharmaceuticals to relieve psoriasis symptoms, it is good to do some psoriasis natural treatments using natural ingredients from nature, or at least the less artificial possible.
Psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder, it ranks second to rheumatoid arthritis in the United States.
But it is also known that psoriasis reacts with the increase of certain chemicals in the human body that drive a high risk for inflammation.
That ends up messing up your whole immune system manifesting as the red scaly, itchy skin of psoriasis.
Even that it seems very unlikely or unbelievable, it is possible to treat psoriasis naturally, without the use of medication or any kind of drugs; the results of doing it is something you can really see with a little bit of patience.
What Causes Psoriasis?
Some of the causes can relate to external factors such as weather, physical and psychological stress but there are other “hidden” factors such as the food you eat can influence, the way your body responds to.
Some other causes can play a big role in triggering psoriasis as well.
Because of this Psoriasis ends up being the exterior manifestation of your body to discard some of the most accumulated undesirable toxins.
And by doing some of the Psoriasis natural treatments it is possible to suppress the inflammation of the skin.
These treatments focus on increasing the liver’s functionality, the kidneys, and the colon, forcing the toxins to be expelled by the digestive system and avoiding them to come out through the skin.
With these Psoriasis natural treatments, it is possible to stimulate your body’s natural detoxification pathway and clean up the consequences of psoriasis, having a nice smooth skin.
Many people share positive feedback about the results, as they tend to work well since they are natural and accessible.
Which Psoriasis Natural Treatments Options Are Available?
There are options that you can apply in your body, such as creams, oils and natural teas, and other baths; there are other options that you can consume, such as specific diets, supplements, or herbs; and there are options you can do, such as massages, exercises, meditations and so on.
You have a great variety of choices to try and see what results best for yourself.
Why are they 5-minute treatments?
Because you can prepare them in 5 minutes without taking up your whole day, and better than that, you can make them at home without any hassle.
Psoriasis Natural Treatments to Apply in Your Body
- You can apply a heavy cream to ease the itch on the skin; any thick moisturizer or Petroleum Jelly will do the trick; they help reduce the redness and dryness.
It will feel like water in the skin, and the hydration will do the rest.
- Apple Cider Vinegar isn’t only for consuming with salad; you can apply it to your scalp a few days in the week mixed with water until it dries to clear the multiple scales.
Don’t forget to wash it off once it dries to avoid any irritation. If your skin is bleeding or cracked, don’t use it; it will burn like hell if you do.
- Salt can season your foods but also your baths. To get rid of scales and soothe your skin, do Epsom Salts or Dead Sea Salts in your bath.
Stay in it for 15 to 20 minutes and seal with a moisturizer afterward; it will help preserve the water in your skin.
- Some people do chili, and others do a Psoriasis Natural Treatment; you can use minced Capsaicin and apply it to the skin. It is very effective in cutting the pain away, plus it reduces inflammation and redness.
Try a little sample in the skin before using it. If it burns too hot, then it’s a no-go.
- Amazing oils like the Tea Tree Oil are awesome to relieve and clean your scalp psoriasis; this Australian tree can make wonders for scalp cleanse.
There are many shampoos in the market that make use of these oil properties.
- Coconut oil can be used as a skin soother and hair mask, making it a great two for one deal, and if you do it at night you can keep it in yourself and remove it in the morning.
- Another way to bathe is by using Oats. Prepare a warm bath with some ground-up Oats in the mixture.
While you relax, your skin is making the absorption of the Oats properties. It will leave it smooth and soft as it always should be.
- Creams that contain Oregon Grape (Mahonia aquifolium) extract are shown to develop great results for those who try it out; its strong antimicrobial qualities are very effective against inflammation.
This evergreen plant has more to offer than its misleading name. The best creams contain at least 10% extract of it.
- Plants like Aloe Vera are trendy in Psoriasis natural treatments; you can use it in the natural form.
Using its gel on your skin, you will benefit from direct absorption, or as an alternative, you can use creams containing extracts from it.
- Another extract showing promising results is Indigo Naturalis; this traditional Chinese herb helps relieve psoriasis symptoms greatly. It can be used in ointment form directly in your skin.
- When it comes to calm the itching caused by psoriasis, you can try to wash it off with Baking Soda (bicarbonate sodium).
Dilute it with water and with a washcloth apply the solution very gently, if for some reason you feel a burning sensation, try it when you take a bath with a smaller dose.
- Teas from herbs like Mint, Lavender, Calendula can also be a great source to soothe your skin and reduce inflammation.
Besides that, you’ll have a wonderful smell after bathing with them. They are also available as shampoo, ointment, and oil.
- Some solutions like Olive Oil can be very beneficial when applied warm to the skin, this oil is full of omega-3 and can help to reduce some of the present inflammation, also when applied directly in the affected area it can soften the existent scales, shedding them easily.
- Despite not having enough evidence by science, these herbal solutions are also some of the reported alternatives for Psoriasis Natural Treatments.
People’s testimonials included: Curcumin, Extracts of Sweet Whey, and Neem; these can be used in oil, ointment, or even shampoo.
- A study revealed that Manuka Honey can be a strong candidate to fight inflammation due to its concentration of antibacterial potency in relation to other kinds of honey.
When applied directly in psoriasis wounds it has shown to reduce healing time.
Psoriasis Natural Treatments to Consume For Your Body
- You can find Omega-3 fatty acids in a great variety of foods, consuming certain things like soy, fatty fishes(sardine, salmon, mackerel, kipper, herring, pilchard), some seeds, nuts, and flax-seed oil can show big improvements on your skin. It all comes down to food moderation.
- There are some more refined solutions like Shark Cartilage, but it can also be quite expensive to maintain. Be aware that pregnant women or women who are breastfeeding should not take it at all costs.
- Sometimes the best solutions are the simplest. If you can, keep yourself hydrated, drink water, calculate the right amount for your weight and height.
Tons of apps can calculate and remind you that throughout the day.
- Going green in your food can be a great idea as well; eat Fruits and Vegetables, introduce them more frequently in your diet, use some veggies as a substitute for meat, you will receive all the vitamins and nutrients your body needs.
- Some elements can be added to your daily diet to help fight back inflammation in the skin, that is the case of Flaxseed, they are full of nutrients, you can consume it in oil with salads, smoothies, in your morning cereals, yogurt, brownies you name it, or, mix them with water and drink it daily, they are a rich omega 3 intake.
They can be a great source of high-quality protein.
- Indian food has lots of it, and several studies have shown that using Turmeric is a great way to reduce inflammation as well, added in your rice or pasta, or even vegetable.
A little bit every day, and it will make all the difference.
- Change of diet seems to be an effective way for controlling Psoriasis symptoms.
A Mediterranean diet or a Gluten-Free diet seems to promote great results for certain people who try them out.
The key seems to lie in the moderation of the food you intake.
Psoriasis Natural Treatments to Do For Your Body
- One of the main things one can try right away is getting enough Sun Exposure per day, but wait, you don’t need direct sun exposure for your body to produce enough vitamin D, even when it’s clouded the UV rays still get in your skin and it serves the purpose.
Avoid high-risk hours where UV rays are at their peak.
- It is important to treat your body but also your mind; with Meditation, Deep Breathing Exercises, and Aromatherapy you can work to achieve inner peace, relaxation, and calm your anxiety, among other benefits.
Those types of exercises will reflect, in the long run, directly on your skin health.
- Some people prefer the middle term, where exercise meets meditation, and go for Yoga, Reiki, or Tai Chi practices.
You should at least try it out, and if it works for you, stick with it for a while and see what happens.
- When proper Physical Exercise is done, it can be a major benefit in relieving symptoms and helping to thrive against psoriasis long term effects in the body, even in some advanced stages there are alternatives you can do to help you out.
Neither of these treatments should replace a proper treatment prescribed by your doctor, but you should see these as a complementary alternative to the existent medical trials.
Talk with a specialist about the opportunity of trying some of these psoriasis natural treatments out.
Always try a small sample on your skin before applying it in larger areas.
If by any chance you feel symptoms like pain, itching, excessive burning, swelling, or even skin irritation you should stop immediately and reach your doctor out.
Your skin is one of your life priorities, and it’s always good to have options or even a plan B when we are talking about your general well-being. Stay safe.
Efficacy of a Topical Formulation of Sodium Bicarbonate in Mild to Moderate Stable Plaque Psoriasis: a Randomized, Blinded, Intrapatient, Controlled Study” Last updated May 2019: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31077089/
““Psoriasis and Risk of Celiac Disease: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis” Last update Feb 2017 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5286752/
“8 Ways to Use Turmeric to Fight Inflammation” Last update: May 2018 https://www.healthcentral.com/slideshow/ways-to-use-turmeric-to-fight-inflammation
“Which herbs can help with psoriasis?” Last updated Jan 2019 https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324270#other-natural-treatments
“Manuka Honey for Psoriasis: Does It Work?” Last updated Dec 2018 https://www.healthline.com/health/psoriasis/manuka-honey-psoriasis